Re: some problems

From: Simon G. P. Bailey
Subject: Re: some problems
Date: 12 Aug 2003 09:34:44 +0200

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 20:47, Stefaan Himpe wrote:
> 1) slurs crossing stems (bars 4, 8, 9, 10, 14)

you could try attaching these slurs to stems rather than note heads. in
bar 4 and 14 that should solve that problem. You will have to do a
\override \revert for the slurs that are crossing stems

\property Voice.Slur \override #'attachment = #'(stem . stem)
%{ NOTES HERE %}
\property Voice.Slur \revert #'attachment

see also:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v1.8/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Slurs.html#Slurs

for the other slurs you could try setting the property

\property Voice.Slur \override #'beautiful = #5.0
%{ NOTES HERE %}
\property Voice.Slur \revert #'beautiful

see also $LILYSRC/input/test/slur-beautiful.ly
[$LILYSRC is where you have the source code for lilypond]

this is a value you'll have to play around with to get the results you
want, if it will work...

> 2) ppp dynamic marking crossing barline (bar 14)

Frederic has already answered this one.

> 3) it seems that notes from different voices cannot be tied together.
>     Is this an inherent restriction of Lilypond or a bug ? Is there a
>     reason for this? IIRC I saw mentioned somewhere that slurs need to
>     remain within one voice, but is this also true for ties? And why?

looking at your score after setting the slur attachment to stems
globally, you have a slur crossing voices in bar 14 and 15.

http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~c10221/scriabin/op2no2_Scriabin.pdf

that might be a reason for leaving slurs in one voice.

the ties issue is a restriction of lilypond, i think...

> 4) setting the spacing-increment to 2.5 creates two pages of output, yet
>     no copyright notice can be made to appear, and the tagline appears on
>     the first page

lilypond has always shown this behaviour since i've been using it. some
other ppl have mentioned it, and i think there's a work around.

hope some of that helps, regards,
simon.
--
I have a very strange feeling about this...
                -- Luke Skywalker