Re: New website

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: New website
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 11:58:55 +0200 (CEST)

address@hidden writes:
> Agreeing with all the praise that we have seen so far, I also have
> a few comments:
>
> - The link to "browse the documentation on-line" at
>    http://lilypond.org/web/download/using.html could
>    point to something else than a directory list.

Good point.

> - At first, I didn't really get the idea of the navigation system.
>    It didn't feel obvious that the top line is the main "menu" and the
>    second line is the submenu within the choice made at the top line.
>    I don't have any good suggestion on how to improve it, though.

The navigation system is the "tab" system (nicked from www.apple.com),
but it could do with some background colors to indicate the tabs.

If anyone feels challenged: you can check out the source from the
repository newweb on subversions.gnu.org. The navigation is handled by
the format-page.py script.