Re: changing the volume

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: changing the volume
Date: 06 Aug 2003 21:35:37 +0200

"Sujeet Pradhan" <address@hidden> writes:

[please keep this on the list]

> Thank you for the response.
> I tried adding the following lines at the top of my .ly file

> #(set! instrument-equalizer-alist
>       (append
>        '(
>   ("string ensemble 1" . (0 . 0.2))
>   ("flute" . (0 . 0.2))
>  )
>        instrument-equalizer-alist))

That's ok.  Did you not get an error?  I had a quick look: you may
have to edit scm/midi.scm and change the instrument-equalizer-alist
definition to public:

(define-public instrument-equalizer-alist '())

what version of LilyPond are you using?

> Still not working.

You must use a volume setting on your notes; otherwise the equalizer
is not used; eg, add -\f to every first note on a staff.

> I appreciate your help.

> Sujeet
> btw i really love Lilypond. please keep up the good work

Thanks,
Jan.