Da Capo, Segno, etc.

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Da Capo, Segno, etc.
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2003 19:55:28 +0200

Hi,

As I am experimenting with LilyPond in Scheme, and as some users in
this list where recently wondering about da capos, segnos, etc, I tried
to find out how to automate this segno / fine / dal segno / da capo
process.

I have made a first attempt, which seems promising (for my own
scores at least), even if it's far from perfect now. All the signs are
describe in a form like:

#(def-dacapo
  (skip 0 0 1 1)  ; s1*1
  (segno)         ; put a segno mark
  (skip 0 0 2 1)  ; s1*2
  (fine)          ; put a "fine" mark
  (skip 0 0 3 1)  ; s1*3
  (dalsegno))     ; put a "dal segno" mark

It sets two variables, marksUp and marksDown (Voice contexts), with
appropriate marks and skips, that can then be used in the \score
block.

The result? see:

http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/lilypond/scheme-hacks.html#dacapoexamples

Optional arguments may added to the (segno), (dacapo), etc, functions,
so that the mark should be raised / shifted if wanted.

Regards,
Nicolas Sceaux