Installing on OS X

From: Will Oram
Subject: Installing on OS X
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 09:48:17 -0500

Everything I've tried to install Lilypond on OS X failed. I've:

* Installed X11 as an X86 base. TeTeX wanted this. Fink was the one that
recommended this, but when I tried it, it quit installing when it came to
the free X86-base. It asks me to destroy certain files (which don't exist)
before reinstalling.

* Downloaded the source and compiled it. The commands lilypond provided to
compile lilypond:

 CC="cc -I/sw/include" CXX="c++ -I/sw/include" LDFLAGS="-L/sw/lib" \
                 ./configure --prefix=/sw
             make -C lily out/parser.hh out/parser.cc out/config.h
             patch -p0 < darwin.patch
             make -C lily out/parser.o
             make DEPENDENCIES_OUTPUT=/dev/null all
             make install

Don't work, as Terminal quickly complains that no 'cc -I/sw/include' command
exists.

All in all, I've spent five hours on Fink trying to install just the
components, not even lilypond.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

MY MAGNETIC POEM (#47)