its all relative

From: Aaron
Subject: its all relative
Date: 17 Jul 2003 06:38:21 +0300

Hi all,

I am notation single line songs with lyrics.
I am finding that one of the things that is slowing me down is the
adding of ' to note names. The other thing is getting relative to work
for me - the way it is working for me is counter intuitive--

what I would like to do is define a scale at the beginning of the piece
as the notes that don't need 's and all other notes add 's to.
for example
key e\phrygian

my scale e' f' g' a' g' c' d' e' woulnt need 's but the f -> would need
slashes or a relative as well as the <- e' would need commas or
relative.

Is there a way to do this now relative only defines a fourth, which
forces
me to spend a lot of time tweaking....

Any ideas would be most welcome.
Thanks