Re: odd request

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: odd request
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 16:37:00 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> On Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:31:07 +0000
> David Bobroff <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I've got a tie going over a linebreak.  Lilypond diligently puts the
> > trailing end of the tie at the beginning of the next line.  In this
> > instance I don't want it there.  How to I hide the tie at the
> > beginning of a line?
>
> Assuming that the internals document doesn't suggest anything (I think
> you know how to check them by now, right?), I can think of two possible
> solutions: 1)  Use \break or \noBreak to avoid having a linebrek there.
> 2)  Use a tie to an invisible note at the end of the bar:
>
> <a1 {s2... ~ s32}>

No, this won't  work. Try this:

\header
{
texidoc = "Selectively blank
broken pieces of spanners (in this case, the tie after the line break)."

}
\score { \notes {

    \property Voice.Tie \set #'after-line-breaking-callback
    = #(lambda (x)
        (if (eq? (cadr (ly:get-broken-into (ly:get-original x))) x)
         (ly:set-grob-property! x 'transparent #t)
        ))

    c'1 ~ \break c'1

  }
         \paper { raggedright = ##t }