Re: Linux: noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)

From: Joerg Anders
Subject: Re: Linux: noteedit-2.2.0 (export ABC music)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 19:50:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> > This is because the
> > LilyPond drum notes handling sometimes produces) weird results.
>
> Did we get a bug report about this?

This is the last mail I got about this topic:

 + From address@hidden Thu Jun 12 19:48:37 2003
 + Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:03:04 +0100
 + From: Rune Zedeler <address@hidden>
 + To: Joerg Anders <address@hidden>
 + Cc: address@hidden
 + Subject: Re: drum notes
 +
 + Joerg Anders wrote:
 +
 + > I'm about to improve the NoteEdit drum notes export.
 +
 + The lilypond drum notation is currently not working properly in 1.7.
 + When I get time and energy ( :-( ) I will make some better drum support.
 + I don't think that you should spend much energy in supporting the
 + current (1.6) drum system as it will probably not keep on working. As I
 + said: It does not work in 1.7.
 +
 + > To comprehend the system I wrote the following
 + > "crash test:
 + >
 + >   \include "paper16.ly"
 + >
 + >   \include "drumpitch-init.ly"
 + >
 + >   drh = \notes { \clef "percussion"
 + >    bda4 bd ssh ss | ssl sna sn hc | sne tomfl hhc hh | tomfh hhp toml hho

 + >    hhho tomml tommh cymca | cymc tomh cymra cymr | cymch rb tamb cyms | cb
cymcb vibs cymrb |
 + >    bohm boh boho bolm | bol bolo cghm cglm | cgho cgh cglo cgl | timh timl
agh agl |
 + >    cab mar whs whl | guis guil gui cl | wbh wbl cuim cuio | trim tri trio
ua |
 + >    ub uc ud ue | da db dc dd | de r r r
 + >    \bar "|."
 + >   }
 + >
 + >   \score {
 + >     \context Staff=drumst \notes <
 + >       \apply #(drums->paper 'drums) <
 + >         \context Voice=voa {\stemUp \drh }
 + >       >
 + >     >
 + >   }
 + >
 + > During "ly2dvi" a get a lot of messages of this kind:
 + >
 + >   warning: lily-guile: Kit `drums' doesn't contain drum `triangle'
 + >   See lily/drumpitch.ly for supported drums.
 + >   warning: lily-guile: Kit `drums' doesn't contain drum `opentriangle'
 + >   See lily/drumpitch.ly for supported drums.
 + >   warning: lily-guile: Kit `drums' doesn't contain drum `oneup'
 + >
 + > And only a few notes have special drum heads.
 + > But I consulted "drumpitch.ly". The "bda bd ssh ss ..." words are
 +
 + This is the expected result. The 'drums kit is for typesetting a normal
 + drum kit - and percussion instruments (like the triangle) not present on
 + a typical drum kit will not be typeset normally.
 +
 + The transposing pitches (from ua in the above) are  NOT drums - they
 + should only be entered as arguments to transpose-like commands.
 +
 + -Rune

J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (address@hidden)