Re: unable to launch Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: unable to launch Lilypond
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:23:53 +0200

In addition to the answer you already have received:

I hope you didn't expect to find a program with a graphical
interface. Lilypond is a command-line program that takes a
special text format as the input and produces scores in
Postscript or PDF (there are some other options as well).

To be able to do anything useful with the program, I'm afraid
you have to read the manual, at least the tutorial part, see
www.lilypond.org.

   /Mats

Roy Schienmann wrote:
GNU LilyPond 1.6.6ERROR: In procedure primitive-load-path:
ERROR: Unable to find file "ice-9/boot-9.scm" in load path

This is the message I receive after I type in /sw/bin/lilypond using terminal on OS X (10.2.3). I'm a complete unix newbie using FinkCommander to install unix apps. I've had success installing and launching The Gimp in the previously mentioned manner. When FinkCommander had finished installing Lilypond, I got the following message -

Installation Complete.
@@@ Start a new shell to get the correct lilypond environment settings.
* GNU LilyPond: (lilypond).                    The GNU music typesetter.
install-info(/sw/share/info/lilypond.info): no section specified for new entry, placing at end
* GNU LilyPond internals: (lilypond-internals). LilyPond internals.
install-info(/sw/share/info/lilypond-internals.info): creating new section `GNU music project'

Do you have any suggestions or solutions that will get me up and running Lilypond?
I thank you for your time and patience with a unix newbie.

Roy Schienmann

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems