stanza numbers

From: Jan Kohnert
Subject: stanza numbers
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:34:03 +0200

Hello, this is hopefully the last (stupid) question I have for a couple of
time:
I write notes containing lyrics of some stanzas, so I looked at the manual and
found "\property LyricsVoice . stanza ="1."" to be set to get proper stanza
numbers. Unfortunately the manual doesn't say anything about how to type if
there are some bars instrumental before the lyrics start. (Here I'm using
"\HaraKiriStaff" not to get the empty staff containing the melody on the
output). So I looked on the mutopia web-page and found a piece, where all the
stanza numbers were visible, using the following:

"\property LyricsVoice . stz ="1.""
"\property Lyrics . StanzaNumber \override #'visibility-lambda = #all-visible"

So I got this and wrote in my lyrics section:

"\property Lyrics . StanzaNumber \override #'visibility-lambda =
#begin-of-line-visible"

for the first line of the staff, and afterwards:

"\property Lyrics . StanzaNumber \override #'visibility-lambda =
#all-invisible",

 so that I didn't get the stanza numbers in ervery line, but only in the first
line containing lyrics.
This worked so far (but not ever) in 1.4.10. But now in 1.6.9 I get the
following error:

warning: Can't find property type-check for `visibility-lambda'
(backend-type?).  Perhaps you made a typing error?
warning: Doing assignment anyway.

and there are no stanza numbers plotted.
So is there any possibility to get the stanza numbers to where I want them, i.
f. directly in the line with the first lyrics?
And if, is there maybe a better way?

Regards Jan Kohnert