Re: Break_Align_Order-3

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Break_Align_Order-3
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:17:25 +0100

David Bobroff wrote:
No spacing entry from BarLine/TimeSignature/KeySignature to
`left-edge'/`key-signature'/`left-edge

The example is not really complete. You should start from the current
default setting and just move the objects that you want to move.

Ah, so I was on the right track.  I included all of the elements:

\property Score.breakAlignOrder = #'(
  instrument-name
  left-edge
  ambitus
  span-bar
  breathing-sign
  clef
  staff-bar
  key-signature
  time-signature
  custos)

And it seems to work.  I *still* got lots of error messages in the console.

programming error:  No spacing entry from BarLine to `' or `key-signature'

These are only warnings, Lilypond mostly does something sensible
anyway, as you have noticed. If you want to get rid of the warnings or
if you are not happy about the default spacing, you should set the
space-alist property of the BarLine object to include a value of the
spacing also to key-signature. Something like (again untested):
\property Score.BarLine \override #'space-alist = #'(
                        (time-signature . (extra-space . 0.75))
                        (custos . (minimum-space . 2.0))
                        (clef .   (minimum-space . 1.0))
                        (first-note . (extra-space . 1.3))
                        (key-signature .   (minimum-space . 1.0))
                        )

You may want to use some other spacing value.

    /Mats