Re: Problems with grace notes, barlines, accidentals

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: Problems with grace notes, barlines, accidentals
Date: 01 Mar 2003 12:17:59 -0500

    >> Presumably something (probably the grace note) has lily
    >> confused about where the measure starts.

    Jan> Yes, you have me confused too.  It looks like instead of setting
    Jan> barType to empty, and adding bar-line glyphs at other places,

This is how abc2ly works.  I don't think having it parse every measure
for whether it's partial is a good idea.

    Jan> you'd better add a (some?) \partial commands; to tell lily
    Jan> how much beats there are left in the measure.

The measures are all 4/4 bars.  There's nothing really wierd about
this.  The grace notes must be what's confusing.

So it looks like the workaround for the grace note bug includes a \partial as
well as (or instead of?) the \grace{s8}, when the grace note is in the
middle of a measure.  It doesn't seem to be necessary when the grace
note is at the start of a measure for some reason

Attached is the fixed file.  I still think not having a bar line (or
some syntax that allows specification of a barline) at the start of
the first alternate is a bug.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139