"no LilyPond output found for..."

From: skeswani
Subject: "no LilyPond output found for..."
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 13:11:43 -0500

Hello,

I am trying to use LilyPond 1.6.4 with Win 2000 Pro (Service Pack 3)
running on a P4.

I am not able to get the test (mentioned at
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/windows/out-www/installing.html)
to work. I type in "ly2dvi -p foo" and basically get "no LilyPond output
found for 'foo'". Below is the entire text that is returned.

---------------------------
Running LilyPond...
GNU LilyPond 1.6.4
Now processing: 'foo.ly'
Parsing...
warning: no LilyPond output found for 'foo'
Running LaTex...
Running dvtips...
error: dvips: command exited with value 256
Traceback(most recent call last):
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 1055, in ?
  run_dvips (outbase, extra_init)
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 786, in run_dvips
  quiet_system (cmd, 'dvips')
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 471, in quiet system
  return system (cmd, ignore_error, quiet = 1)
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 255, in system
  error (msg)
 File "/usr/bin/ly2dvi", line 151, in error
  sys.exit (2)
SystemExit: 2

I would appreciate it if someone could shed some light on this,
particularly since I am not well aquainted with Cygwin. Thanks in
advance. :)

Shawn