Re: frustrated building on Red Hat 7.3

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: frustrated building on Red Hat 7.3
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 16:26:13 +0100

After I set up guile-1.4 (RH7.3 ships with guile-1.3.4)
lilypond-1.6.7 configure ends with:

) WARNING: Please consider installing optional programs:  pktrace mftrace
) ) See INSTALL.txt for more information on how to build LilyPond
) Remove config.cache before rerunning ./configure
) ) Type:
)     make all       to build LilyPond
)     make install   to install LilyPond
)     make help      to see all possible targets
) ) Do not worry if ./Documentation or ./mutopia should not build.

I have never even heard of pktrace or mftrace.  Do y'all have
a recommended URL and/or version?

If you read INSTALL.txt, you'll find URLs, but you'll also find out
that mftrace is only necessary if you want to use scalable fonts in
PDF files with your scores. An alternative to building these font
files yourself is to download them from lilypond.org as described on
http://www.s3.kth.se/~mabe/lilypond/.

    /Mats