Re: markup text

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: markup text
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 22:03:25 -0800

On Wed, 05 Feb 2003 17:46:38 +0000
Alan Lakin <address@hidden> wrote:
> I have installed the Mandrake Cooker rpm - version 1.7.9
>
> When entering markup text of more than one word then I find the first
> word is missing and the rest of the words are concatenated together
> into one string. The only way I can get around this is to hyphenate
> the sentence so that the text string is seen as one word.
>
> I have tried running the examples in the manual with no look. Is this
> a bug in the version I am using?

If an example doesn't work, then I think it's safe to call it a bug (if
only a bug in the example/documentation).  That said, Lilypond 1.7.x is
the unstable branch -- I suggest you either update to the CVS version
and compile from source (if you're that kind of a guy), or get lilypond
1.6.6 (or is it 1.6.7 ?), the latest stable version.

(to the developers)
We've had a few people with problems with the Mandrke Cooker 1.7.9
rpm... I wonder if the Mandrake guys know that the 1.7.x version is
a development version, rather than a stable version.  Do you think it
might be worth asking them if they know about the stable/unstable thing,
and perhaps suggesting that Mandrake should include Lily 1.6.x rather
than 1.7.x?

Cheers,
- Graham