Re: multiple \translator blocks?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: multiple \translator blocks?
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 11:17:41 +0100

Quoting Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> Quick question -- how can I have multiple translations on the same context?

\translator {
  \VoiceContext
  Fingering \override #'padding = #2.0
  Fingering \override #'font-relative-size = #1
}

> The following snippet only applies the second \translation.
>
> ----
> \paper{
>       \translator { \VoiceContext Fingering \override #'padding = #2.0
> }
> \translator {
>               \VoiceContext Fingering \override #'font-relative-size = #1 }
> }

Yes - each translatordescription describes a new context - and if it has the
same name as a previous one then the previous is never seen.

> \translation {
>       \VoiceContext blah blah
>       \VocieContext blah blah
> }
> I get "error: parse error, unexpected TRANSLATOR_IDENTIFIER:"

Yes, \VoiceContext is defined in ly/engraver-init.ly.
Hopefully the definition should make it clear that it is a bad idea to repeat
\VoiceContext twice.

Generally it is a good idea to check definitions of the lilypond
macros/variables when you are in doubt of how to use them.

-Rune