Re: Making nice fonts for pdf

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Making nice fonts for pdf
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:27:26 +0100

If you installed from an RPM or some other prebuild package, just
use 'ly2dvi -p myfile.ly' and you will get a nice-looking PDF file.

If you build Lilypond yourself, see
http://mail.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2002-10/msg00237.html

   /Mats

Carter Brey wrote:
Every time I use ps2pdf to create a Portable Document File version of a score, the output viewed through Acrobat Reader is rather choppy looking. The printout is fine; it's just the onscreen image that leaves something to be desired.

I seem to remember a post here a while back that referred to a use of something like mftrace to create pdf fonts that look good onscreen. Could someone remind me about that, and exactly what the implementation is?

Thanks so much,

Carter

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing