Re: how to let lilypond know multibyte characters ?

From: Caor Andor
Subject: Re: how to let lilypond know multibyte characters ?
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 11:19:57 +0900

I was able to put Japanese in the text areas except the lyrics with  the
japanised version of LaTeX(pLaTeX).

If you have a localized version of LaTeX , call it from ly2dvi or
lilypond-book  instead of plain LaTeX.
It's not  difficult because they are mere Python scripts.

As for the lyrics the metrics are entirely hopeless while Kanji(Hanzi)
themselves are correctly printed.
So you can perhaps somehow adjust the location of the text manually.

is significant in handling "multibyte characters" with lilypond.

The localised versions of TeX (especially East Asian language versions with
multibyte characters) haven't any united methods to handle their characters.
So if lilypond is to be fully internationalised, Omega(TeX for Unicode) should
be adopted instead of old TeX, I suppose.

--
Verba volant, scripta manent.