Re: How to add text?

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re: How to add text?
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 16:48:37 +0100

SK> mi4^#`(Large "Allegro non troppo")
SK> Can I control the  vertical location of the text somehow?

That's only way I know of to place some text precisely over a note. If
you need to have text before the score or after it, the score being
like a figure in a book, you might want to take a look at
lilypond-book, though this *isn't* what you're asking for at the
moment:
http://www.lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Integrating-text-and-music-with-lilypond-book.html

What you're using right now is called TextScript. The most practical
way to control the vertical position is being setting the padding, for
instance:

      \property Voice.TextScript \override #'padding = #3

--
Best regards,
 Jérémie                            mailto:address@hidden