Re: extra-offset and finger changes

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: extra-offset and finger changes
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 08:28:25 +0100

> > * There is a tied chord in a smaller note font, and a footnote reading
> >   "Depress these notes silently".
>
> Last time I checked, footnotes weren't possible.  Instead, you could
> - fake it with a \header{copyright="footer_string"}.  You need to have
> at least two pages for this to work.  Also note that this only works for
> the very first page.
> - use lilypond-book and use LaTeX footnotes.

For the smaller font, just say \small in the lilypond input,
reset with \normalsize.

In principle, it should be possible to say
c4^"\\footnote{my footnote}", I haven't investigated
why the footnote itself doesn't show up at the bottom
of the page. Regarding the workaround using copyright,
the rules for page foot texts are as follows:

- Use footer="..." to set the footer for all normal pages.
- Use copyright="..." to set the footer of the first page.
- Use tagline="..." to set the footer of the last page.
For single page scores, tagline overrides copyright.

   /Mats