font weirdness2

From: David Bobroff
Subject: font weirdness2
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2002 19:40:10 +0000

>>So I changed "upright" to "roman" and I got all these
>> warnings:
>
>The only alternative to 'upright' is 'italic'!

Well, admittedly my use of "roman" was a shot in the dark but it *did*
cause a roman font to be used where I wanted it and then later I found this
in the docs under the heading "Text Markup":

The markup is broken down and converted into a list of object properties[...]

The following abbreviations are defined:

columns
    horizontal mode: set all text on one line (default)

lines
    vertical mode: set every text on a new line

select roman font

So I thought I had guessed correctly.  Now I'm doubly confused as using
"roman" seems to work (with warnings about how it doesn't) and you're
telling me that the only other alternative is "upright" (which produces
ugly typewriter output for me).

>TextScript \override #'padding = #3 or something similar
>should do the trick

Yes, thank you.

David Bobroff