(no subject)

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: (no subject)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 23:02:50 +0100 (CET)

Subject: Re: So. . . how do I install on Windoze while not smashing my pre
 -exi sting Cygwin?
FCC: ~/persoonlijk/Mail/sent

address@hidden writes:
> Since this feature is the latest and hotest, it's not included in
> the stable 1.6.x series, only in the latest versions of the
> experimental 1.7.x series, which isn't available as a Cygwin
> package. If you really want to try it now, I'm afraid you have to
> compile Lilypond yourself. Some people on the list have managed
> to do it in Cygwin, but most of the developers prefer Linux.

incidentally, both Jan and I feel that we can almost start stabilizing
for 1.8. We only have to make the new text markup system functional,
and port the examples over, and 1.8 is done, feature wise.

Are there any suggestions for bugs ("this worked in 1.6, but now it
doesn't!") that should be fixed?

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen