RE: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?

From: Ray Peck
Subject: RE: Using Lilypond with OpenOffice?
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:23:28 -0800

>ie, a procedure that can't be automated, nor checked, and with no
>chance of recovery when (not if) the word processor fails.  The
>horror...

Not at all.  OpenOffice's native format is XML.  If everything
went to hell, I can always get the data out with XSLT or parse
it info Jdom and do whatever I like with it.

>> Can it generate SVG that the Adobe reader (for example)
>> can render correctly?

>Adobe reader is not free software; I couldn't care less.

Was someone here trying to start a religious war?

First, the whole point of the project is that I'm trying to
move to free software from Microsoft.

Second, I asked about whether Adobe's SVG reader can read
the output as a measure of the state of the SVG output and
nothing else.

Third, I don't understand why you are defending using EPS
above and shitting on the Adobe reader below.

Even so, you may have to work on the svg output, EPS is probably the
way to go.

If the SVG output is close to being able to work, it may
well be worth my effort.  If it's far, it's probably not.
That's what I am trying to get a feel for. . .

Thanks.