Re: Header: Two eighth = dotted eighth and sixteenth

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re: Header: Two eighth = dotted eighth and sixteenth
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 15:52:20 +0100

AL> I would like to add a header line, above the score, that tells the
AL> reader, that two eighth notes printed in the score are to be
AL> played as one dotted eighth and one sixteenth (for better
AL> readability)

AL> Is this possible with lilypond?

This is possible with Lilypond but requires a few tricks.
My first lead would be to use the Text markup which explains how to do
a somewhat similar thing for tempo indications:
http://lilypond.org/stable/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Text-markup.htm

But I think that what you want, two beamed eighths and a beamed dotted
eighth & sixteenth, is going to be a bit more difficult to get right.

This is a pure supposition, but I believe that including something
like this (untested):

  \score {
    \notes \relative c''' {
      \stemUp [f8 f] s4^"=" [f8. f16]
    }

    \paper {
        \translator {
           \StaffContext
           \remove Staff_symbol_engraver
           \remove Clef_engraver
           \remove Key_engraver
           \remove Time_signature_engraver

Then compile into a .tex file using Lilypond, and include it from your
score like this (attached to the first note of the score):

  [...]

  \notes {
    c8.^"\\include nomenclatura.tex"
  }