Re: tremolo implementation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: tremolo implementation
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 22:38:10 -0800

On Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:43:33 -0500
Michal Seta <address@hidden> wrote:
> thanks for clarifying, I understand the syntax better but...
> Graham wrote:
> > Try this instead:
> >     \repeat tremolo 4 {c16 e}
>
> this line still show up with the noetheads black (like quarter notes
> rather than half...  is it just me?  If I change the values of the
> notes (to smaller) I get back into the situation where the tremolandos
> don't fit within the measure...

Yes.  Based on my reading the manual, it looks like Lilypond currently
can't fill a 3/4 measure with tremolo (with moving notes).  You can
either:- Have a "half note" tremolo followed by a "quarter note" tremolo
- or have a tremolo on one note, like this:  c2.:16

(based on the "BUGS" section of the manual page for tremolo repeats)

This might have changed in the development branch (1.7).  If you're
comfortable with programming, you could try to fix this bug yourself.

Cheers,
- Graham