Re: Persistent font problems

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Persistent font problems
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:17:44 +0100

Russell Smiley <address@hidden> writes:

> I also tried 'ly2dvi -p' to output pdf. This appears to fix the problem
> as you suggested.

Good.

> The only much more minor (cosmetic) complaint is that
> the bracket for the piano staff appears to be the wrong size.

Strange.

> I've attached the output of 'locate feta'.

> /home/russell/docs/music/examples/feta-nummer10.600pk
> /var/lib/texmf/pk/bjtzzs/feta-nummer8.720pk
> /var/lib/texmf/pk/cx/feta-nummer8.300pk

You have pk files for three different resolutions on your disk.  You
state that you're running Red Hat 7.3, but this is (hopefully) not a
configuration that Red Hat ships.  It looks like you have
(re)configured dvips or xdvi or whatever a few times.  I suggest that
you reconfigure to use one resolution for all, and clean out all feta
pk fonts, esp. from /var/lib.

Good luck,
Jan.