Re: stem fix 2

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: stem fix 2
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 01:06:44 -0700

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:54:07 +0000
David Bobroff <address@hidden> wrote:
> David Raleigh Arnold wrote:
> >Now, since you have two notes really sounding, you should have
> >two noteheads.  If you had two instruments your notation
> >would be ok.  For solo, it isn't.  Sorry.
>
> Ok.  I'll mention this to the person whose manuscript I'm working from and
> see how he wants it to appear.

Sometimes a solo voice _will_ have a single notehead with two stems -- right
now I'm looking at the fourth movement of a Telemann concerto for viola in
G major, which uses a single notehead with two stems to denote a double
stop between an open A string and playing that same note on the D string.
Printed by International Music Company, New York.

>  How would I get the two noteheads with stems?

Can't help you there, I'm afraid.

Cheers,
- Graham