Re: Can this kind of junk be kept out of the list? (Was: Re: Hey SEXY!)

From: Oscar A. Valdez
Subject: Re: Can this kind of junk be kept out of the list? (Was: Re: Hey SEXY!)
Date: 25 Sep 2002 11:34:07 -0600

I think the offending message got through Mailman's spam filter. One of
the messages' hidden headers reads:

4.10) id 17uD1p-0006Zk-00 for address@hidden; Wed, 25 Sep 2002
10:20:42 -0400"

from the list. In order to post to the list, he/she/it must have
subscribed first, no?

But I think trying to flood the offender with e-mails could be
inneffective (it could be a fake e-mail address) or could backfire (we
would provide the spammers with many legitimate and marketable
addresses).

I already wrote to the offender's ISP (address@hidden) to complain. I
hope they do something, and I also hope the list's managers do something
too.

Regards from El Salvador

Oscar Valdez