Build 1.6.3 on Mac OS X

From: Zachary Brewster-Geisz
Subject: Build 1.6.3 on Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 21:04:32 -0400

Hi. I asked about this for 1.6.2 but didn't get any replies; hoping that was just a fluke and that my problem is an easy one. :)

When issuing make from the python directory:
-------------------------------------
g++2 -shared -o out/midi.so out/midi.lo -L/sw/lib -L/sw/lib -lguile -L/sw/lib -lm
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
_PyArg_ParseTuple
_PyDict_SetItemString
_PyErr_SetString
_PyInt_FromLong
_PyList_Append
_PyList_New
_PyModule_GetDict
_PyString_FromString
_PyTuple_GetItem
_Py_BuildValue
_Py_InitModule4
make: *** [out/midi.so] Error 1

I'm able to get everything to install and work OK even given this error, but I sure would like to know what's going on.

Using python 2.2, as pre-installed by Apple for OS X 10.2., as well as gcc 2.95 (_not_ 3). I hope I'm just missing something, but configure executes with no errors.

Zach