Re: Timing_engraver and \remove - \consists in general

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Timing_engraver and \remove - \consists in general
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 18:54:38 +0200

William R Brohinsky wrote:

I can't get a final barline to appear.

The manual says (under "Bar Lines"):

The command \bar bartype is a short cut for doing
\property Score.whichBar = bartype

The property is used by the timing engraver which you have moved to staff level, and hence you need to also move the property setting to staff level:

\property Staff.whichBar = "|."

The explanation why the property setting in score level is not correctly inherited down to the staff level is a bit hairy: In each moment the timing engraver SETS the property (on its own level) and hence this setting (from the moment before) takes precedence over your manual override on score level.

Btw, with my resent (yesterday) patch, the Bar_number_engraver complains if it is located on a higher level than the timing_engraver. I would not consider this a bug (Han-Wen?) because printing bar numbers on score level does not make much sense when the different staves have different timing. Well, with latest cvs you have to remove the Bar_number_engraver from score level. If you wish you can add it to staff level to (correctly) get bar numbers above each staff.

-Rune