Re: Possible bug.

From: Jérémie Lumbroso
Subject: Re: Possible bug.
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 10:48:42 +0200

Hello,

JR> This is the first ever score I have tried in lilypond. Cool program by the
JR> way. The very last note causes some problems if it is dotted. The output is
JR> Interpreting music...[8][16][24]programming error: Skipped something ?!
JR> (Continu
JR> ing; cross thumbs).
JR> The output is still correct though. If I remove the dot the error message is
JR> not given.
JR> Apologies if this is user error.

It seems like this warning is due to the property change at the
beginning of the file: when commented out, there are no more warnings
--- I cannot tell why though.

JR> I also wondered if there is any mechanism for substitution or macros. For
JR> example instead of entering \times 2/3 for tuplets could I define my own \tr
JR> or something which would then expand to \times 2/3?

No, but there's search and replace. And there some places in your file
where you could have done without repeating \times 2/3 --- except for
source lisibility, you don't need to open and close each time you
change the lines (in the file):

  a4 b c \times 2/3 {d8 c e
  f d c a b f d e g a b c
  c d e} d4. d8 c4