Re: forgot the beautiful music :-(

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: forgot the beautiful music :-(
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:40:14 +0200

Atte Andre Jensen <address@hidden> writes:

>> Anyay, you could have tried looking at the internal documentation for
>> PhrasingSlur, going down this path
> <snip path>
>
> Thanks, I'll see if I can use this next time I need someting similar.
>
> I'm just curious; are users expected to find out stuff like this on their
> own?

Well, it would be great if they (you) would know to look at the
internals documentation for PhrasingSlur, and then complain that they
cannot find the right property.

Having said that, after sending the email explaining this, I realised
how silly that was.  I made setting these slur properties a bit easier
and added some relevant documentation.  That's in CVS now, you're
invited to have a look at the 1.5.74 webpage if/when it appears.

One of the reasons this hadn't been documented better before, is that
Han-Wen and I both know (or hope?) that the Slur code will get a
rewrite some time soon.  It's no fun documenting code that you'd
rather rewrite...

Jan.