Re: Windows installation parse errors

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Windows installation parse errors
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 15:39:31 +0200

"Minh A. Hoang" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am trying to reinstall lilypond on WinNT machine, but at the very
> begining of the installation process, I got a parse error message:
> e.g. (null) line 339: parse error, unexpected STRING, expecting $
> or: (null) line 339: unrecognized line in setup.ini headers (do you
> have the latest setup?)...

There was an error in the setup.ini file.  Could you try again?

> I have installed lilypond-1.4.13 before and just removed it. Would you
> help me in fixing this problem? I would like to upgrade to
> lilypond-1.5.xx too, what should I do?
> Thanks in advance,

Read this post:

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/lilypond-user/2002-July/001920.html

And this thread:

    http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/lilypond-devel/2002-July/001188.html

Also, the more general info on missing DLLs may be helpful:

    http://cygwin.com/faq/faq_4.html#SEC32

Good Luck!
Jan.