Re: other_brackets

From: Han-Wen
Subject: Re: other_brackets
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 23:44:51 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> If you apply the patch below to the latest CVS version of lilypond,
> then you'll be able to extend the bottom of the bracket to embrace the
> stems as well. This is done by modifying the 'shorten-pair' property
> of these fake arpeggios. Then you can achieve the above using
> something like...

I think I'm missing property listings in the interface descriptions.
I'll have a think on the patch: is this sane behavior for an arpeggio
bracket?

Basically, I think that it should not be that difficult to write a
BracketSpanner, that puts brackets around what ever is acknowledged in
between \spanreq \start "bracket" and \spanreq \stop "bracket". You
could even let the bracket-engraver dynamically choose why types of
grobs to bracket.

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen