Re: Rehearsal marks, percent repeat

From: Simon Bailey
Subject: Re: Rehearsal marks, percent repeat
Date: 29 Jun 2002 15:36:42 +0200

On Sat, 2002-06-29 at 12:38, Han-Wen wrote:
> That's more difficult. You would have to look into
> percent-repeat-engraver.cc and percent-repeat-iterator.cc I'm also not
> sure what you really want. AFAIK the syntax for repeating longer
> fragments is
>
>  . ///
>   ///.

this is for repeating a certain set of measures. the number of slashes
denotes how many bars before you should repeat, not how often you should
repeat the bar beforehand.

so:
|<music1>|<music2>|.//.| = |<music1>|<music2>|<music1>|<music2>|

etc...

> (number of slashes = number of measures.) I've seen numbers on top
> just to help people, i.e.
>

>   1   2   3

another version i came across a lot when i used to play in the youth
orchestra was :

   8
|  %  |

as in the number of repeats over one percent sign.

greetings,
simon.
--
Confucius say, man who live in glass house shower in basement.