Re: multiple pages again

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: Re: multiple pages again
Date: 27 Jun 2002 09:48:25 -0400

    Mats> I tried to fix this problem some years ago, using similar
    Mats> TeX tricks as are used in LaTeX to keep titles together
    Mats> with the text. However, it seems that this solution, which
    Mats> still is used in Lilypond, doesn't work correctly in all cases.
    Mats> This is really hairy, perhaps we should ask some of the real
    Mats> TeX gurus at comp.text.tex for assistance.
    Mats> I haven't really had time to look at it again, lately.

I tried putting the headers and the music into an fbox in
lilypond-book, and it worked fine if there were only 4 pieces or so,
but then ran into some LaTeX limitations.  So now I just force
pagebreaks before the headers.  The advantage of this is that I can
force a break to an even page if I know the music should be on facing
pages.

If you're going to encourage people to put multiple pieces in one
lilypond file, there should probably be some way of controlling
pagebreaks in lilypond.

(617) 661-8097  fax: (801) 365-6574
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139