Re: latex failure problem

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: latex failure problem
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 08:33:11 +0200

Please, always specify which Lilypond version you use.
Also, as soon as you get a short cryptic error message
like this, rerun ly2dvi with the flag '-V' to see more
details on what actually failed.

In this case it's actually not LaTeX but Lilypond that
breaks as can be seen from the line
warning: lilypond: command exited with value 139 (ignored)
in your output.

I tried your file with version 1.5.63 without any problem,
but 1.4.14 broke with a segmentation fault, so it may be
that you hit one of the intricate memory handling bugs that
were fixed in version 1.5.63. I recommend to upgrade.

   /Mats