Re: feature request

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: feature request
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:04:21 +0200

Simon Bailey wrote:

now this may seem very cheeky, but i was wondering if you have planned
inclusion of D.C. al Fine/Coda (or D.S. al Fine/Coda) repeats any time
soon?

I think that doing a segno-repeat in the current syntax will not practically make sense. I.e. it is common practice that volta-repeats are not performed on the 2nd play - and there are other stange common practices that would make the lilypond repeat-syntax insuitable for this.

Further more inserting manual segno and coda signs is as easy as anything, so the only reason for creating a repeat command should be that midi output would be correct - and, eh, I think it would be too much work just for that.

If you have other reasons then please speak up! :-)

-Rune