tuplets

From: David Bobroff
Subject: tuplets
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 22:58:06 +0000

>o       o
>o    o    o
>
>is what i get, while
>
>o       o
>o   o   o
>
>is what i need
>
>i miscopied the score is schould be
>
>soprano = \notes c''2 c2
>  > alto = \notes \times 2/3 { a'2 a'2 a'2 }

Lilypond is printing what you're *asking* it to print.  In order to make it
print what you *want* it to print your soprano notes also need \times 2/3
and you need a skip in the middle so that you have the first and third
members of the half-note triplets.  Then it should line up.  This may work:

soprano = \notes \times 2/3 {c''2 s c2}
  > alto = \notes \times 2/3 { a'2 a'2 a'2 }

I could also have the details wrong.  I'm fairly new to Lilypond but had to
use this function.

David Bobroff