Re: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2002 19:24:20 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:
>
> >>Okay, I start using 1.5 again (manually setting the vertical spacing :-( )
> >

> > (Can you submit a separate bugreport for this vertical spacing thing?,
> > or perhaps the score itself (you may send it privately))
>

> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/lilypond-devel/2002-May/000919.html
>
> + the reply

Haven't checked what 1.4 does vertically, but you use less space if
you set interscoreline to 0, and Staff.MinimumVerticalExtent smaller.
(note that I changed this in CVS to minimumVerticalExtent). In that
way you can dump the fixed distance valign

As for the horizontal spacing: the new spacing module includes many
tweaks. For multistaff stuff, the maximum is taken for all spacing
tweaks, globally widening the score a little in some cases.  If you
want, you can force one the 1st line break yourself, then lily will
try to make the rest a little tighter to have uniform tightness of the
score.

BTW, ClaOp looks really nice. Wish I could be at the performance.