First edition of famous unpublished works on Mutopia?

From: Juergen Reuter
Subject: First edition of famous unpublished works on Mutopia?
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 18:57:13 +0200 (CEST)

Hi, all!

Maybe you heard in the news about the archive of unpublished manuscripts
by famous composers such as Wilhelm Friedemann Bach.  This archive was
lost during World War II, has been found in Kiev, and is now being made
available for research and "practical" purposes.  For more information,
see http://www.sing-akademie.de/news-kiew.htm (this page contains
information mostly in German language, but also some in English further
down on the page).

Maybe we should ask if we can somehow get access to some of the works and
try to publish it on mutopia?  I think it would be nice if there were some
piece of famous baroque music that has been first published on mutopia...

For proper editing, there, however, should be some annotational features
added to lilypond (therefore this mail is cc:-ed to lilypond-devel).  In
particular, it should be possible to have a standardized way of putting
information into an .ly file such as "the manuscript contains here a cis,
but it probably should be a c" (i.e. some kind of alternative music,
with only one alternative actually printed in the score, and other
alternatives added as footnote, for example).

What do you think?

Greetings,
Juergen