Re: glissando

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: glissando
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 19:19:45 +0200

> To say the truth - I don't really get the idea of \relatives ->
> would that mean that with \relative c'
> i can write d e f g b c instead of d' e' f' g' b' c' ?

Certainly. Even better, you could write
d e f g b c d e f instead of d' e' f' g' b' c' d'' e'' f''
since for every interval, it will use closest option.
So, if for example the previous note was a "c" and you
ask for a "g", you'll get the g one fourth below the
c rather than that one a fifth above.

If you mostly stay within an octave but have several
steps larger than a fourth, you may prefer to use
\transpose instead. Example:

\transpose c'' {c b d a c g d b c}

   /Mats