Re: glissando

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: glissando
Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 14:04:24 +0200

Hi MTB!
First of all there are several issues in you posting that you should correct in the future - otherwise we have a much harder time helping you - and remember that we are sitting here for free in our spare time.

1) Always post a FULL (ought to be) working example - complete with includes, \score-statement, paper block, etc. DON'T just send the few lines that are causing problems - very often the problems are caused by somthing far away in you input file - and further more we of course wan't to ensure that our solution to your problem works - which means that we have to insert all this our selves in order to produce a working file.

2) Always state which version of lilypond you use - syntax is changing rapidly, and so are semantics.

Well, in your case the problem seems to be that you are changing voices in the middle of it all - and as glissandi are created in voice contexts it is not possible to create a glissando line from one voice to another voice.
A solution could be something like

\score {
    \notes \context Staff {
        \context Voice=VA {
            \stemUp [cis'''8 b'' a'' gis''] [g'' fis'' e'' dis''
            \glissando ]
            <
                { \stemDown fis''4 \stemUp g'8 cis''4 \stemDown [e''8
                a''] fis''}
                \context Voice = VB { a1 }

-Rune