Re: numbering collision

From: Heikki Johannes Junes
Subject: Re: numbering collision
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 14:00:33 +0200 (EET)

> \times 2/3 {a,8^5 c^""^""^1 b'8^2}

With 1.5.32, at least, I have to use ^#'(finger "1") instead

  \times 2/3 {a8^1 c^""^""^""^#'(finger "1") b,8^2}

It looks now much better!

> BTW, there is not now nor has there ever been anything wrong with
> fingering of any sort being on staff lines or before notes.  It is
> unfortunate that the only "right way" of fingering in lilypond is
> usually not to do it at all.

My case was an exception. If there are a lot of tuplets, for clarity, one
may want to turn off the tuplet numbering, as shown in the manual:
http://lilypond.org/development/Documentation/user/out-www/lilypond/Tuplets.html
Then there are no number collisions. But if there are only a few tuplets,
then tuplet numbering is necessary and the collisions can be avoided
the way described above.

This was resolved quickly. Thank You!

--
      Heikki Junes