Warning on PDF generation

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Warning on PDF generation
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 11:48:30 +0100

Watch out when you generate PDF files with Type1 fonts,
some symbols may be missing in the output. The problem
appears if you use dvips with both the flags -Ppdf and
-ulilypond.map to get vector fonts for both music and text.

With Lilypond 1.5.26, you may loose the accidentals, in
version 1.4.9, you probably loose mensural note heads.
I guess that's why we haven't discovered the problem
earlier.

You can avoid the problems, if you use
~> dvips -Ppdf -G0 -ulilypond.map file.dvi
~> ps2pdf file.ps
note that the order is important, -G0 must come after -Ppdf.

The reason is described in
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?keyword=&question=197

I'll update the instructions at
http://www.s3.kth.se/~matsb/lilypond/