Re: Lilypond under Doslinux

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Lilypond under Doslinux
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:09:39 +0100

> I've been using Lilypond 1.4.8 for Windows for some time now and I'd like to
> run it under DosLinux to make it run faster.
>
> How do I do this ? I've got DosLinux running but I'm completely new to this
> OS. How do I install the necessary packages and how do I configure them so
> that LY2DVI can find them ?
> Can I use any of the packages that came with the Windows-Setup ?
>
> Any help would be very welcome !
>
> Bas Wassink.

I'm afraid you'll be the first one trying (have never heard Doslinux
mentioned on the Lilypond lists before). The question is if you gain
any performance, I wouldn't expect any major performance loss in
cygwin compared to a native Linux and I since both cygwin and doslinux
work "on top of" windows I would be very surprised if you gained
anything.

   /Mats