Re: Ties and Slurs

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: Ties and Slurs
Date: 05 Nov 2001 09:58:43 +0100

rif <address@hidden> writes:

> >           c8 f,8 <des8 g8 ( >  < ) d2 aes'2>  ~  <d8 aes'8>  r4
> >

> Sorry for the typo.  What I sent obviously would give a parse error.
> I had what you suggested.  It ties the des8 to the d2, but not the g8
> to the aes.

One voice should always only get one slur.  If you want two slurs, you
probably have (and want) two voices.  If you're just copying from some
sheet music, it's quite common for editors to get this wrong.

> Is there another version out that will do this that you recommend?

Actually, no.  Lilypond 1.5 will do this, but is in development and
has problems with spacing.

Jan.