Re: showing a half note and a eighth note as _one_ note?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: showing a half note and a eighth note as _one_ note?
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2001 17:59:40 +0100

> > Martin Brodbeck <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > (sorry for my bad english)
> > > Is it possible, to show a note as a half note with stem down _and_ a
> > > eighth-note-stem up? I need this for sheets for classical guitar.

> Mats gave a way of doing it with a transparent notehead.  Can that still
> be done?

I don't remember how I did it last time, but the following
example seems to work:

headOff=\property Voice.NoteHead \set #'transparent = ##t
headOn=\property Voice.NoteHead \set #'transparent = ##f

\score{
  \context Staff \notes\relative c'{
    \time 3/4
    c8 d <\context Voice=up{
      \property Staff.NoteColumn \set #'force-hshift = #0
       \stemUp \headOff e \headOn f g a}
     \context Voice=down{\stemDown e2}> |
    f2. |}

  /Mats