Re: Cue notes?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Cue notes?
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2001 09:55:58 +0200

> Hi,
>
> > I'd like to typeset cue notes into some music.  ...
> > ...  Anyone have any ideas?
>
> I do it with:
>
> otherpartfont = {
>     \property Voice.NoteHead \override #'font-relative-size = #-3
>     \property Voice.Stem \override #'font-relative-size = #-3
>     \property Voice.Dots \override #'font-relative-size = #-3
> }
>
> You could either use this in a separate cue voice, or \revert the settings
> afterwards (I tend to do the former, so I don't have a revert macro).
>
> Ian

To save some typing, you could use the macros \tiny, \small
and \normalsize. On version 1.4.x, you will get a long list
of warnings when you process the file, but they're harmless.
If you typeset both the score and individual parts, it may
be convenient to define the cue notes separately, so you
could include them in the parts but skip them in the score.
You can find an example in the input file for the ouverture
by Gade which is available at the Werner Icking score archive
(yes, I will update it to a current Lilypond version and
publish it also at Mutopia).

   /Mats