Re: command for 'sequences'?

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: command for 'sequences'?
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 11:37:31 +0200

Olivier Guéry wrote:

>         But as you describe it, it's don't work...

No, I'm afraid not.
Using cpp was a bad idea, and running ly2dvi as filter causes troubles.
You could process the input with the m4 preprocessor instead:

define(gracen,\slurDown \grace {$1 8 () s} \slurBoth)

- and call the macro the same way as with cpp.

save the file as file.mly and running

m4 file.mly

expands the macros as expected - but I cannot figure out how to pass the
result on to ly2dvi - except ofcourse

m4 file.mly >file.ly ; ly2dvi file

Which works (Yeah, I tried it this time) but is a bit tedious.

> Do you plan to put it in
> next realease (something just like \gacen{d}) ?

No, I am quite sure that this will never be implemented in lilypond.
If one could just run ly2dvi as a filter then it would be no problem to
run it like this, either.

> Or must we always use
> something like what you discribe here ?

Yes, I guess you have to stick with that.

-Rune